The 21 –day lockdown is supposed to end tomorrow but India is still caught between rising COVID-19 cases and a harsh economy. There seems no conclusion coming up even now.
We neither know about the extension of the lockdown nor it would be lifted. We are still speculating as to what our Prime Minister is going to share with the citizens of India when Modi addresses the nation at 10.00 am.
There are 9000 confirmed cases in our country and more than 300 are dead.
State wise number of COVID-19 cases recorded til 13th April
- Telangana – 531
- Tamil Nadu – 1,075
- Andhra Pradesh – 432
- Dharavi – 4 New cases and 1 death reported
- Agra – 134
- Jharkhand – 2 New cases
- Karnataka – 247
- Assam – 30
- Rajasthan – 11 New cases
- Gujarat – 22 New cases
22 new cases in Gujarat.
HEALTH & LIFE
- Lockdown in Telangana is extended till April 30
- Free testing to be done by private labs for Aysuhman Bharat card holders.
- Visas of foreigners stranded in India extended till Apr 30
- Testing: 14 ‘centres of excellence’ to mentor medical colleges
- Lockdown in Tamil Nadu extended till April 30
- Maharashtra officially extends the lockdown till April 30
- Masks now mandatory in Ahmedabad, hefty fines for violators
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
- Sensex ends 470-point lower, Nifty below 9,000
- Retail inflation eases to 5.91 per cent in March
- India’s fuel demand slides 17.8% in March
- ONGC gas output drops 15 percent
- Domestic passenger vehicle sales plunge 51% in March
- Lockdown hits income of 85% of NCR households
- Bandhan Bank FY20 deposits rise 32%
- Yes Bank extends bank assurance tie-up with Max Life
- EPF may yield much less than proposed 8.5%.
- Worldwide cases at 1.8 million, death toll crosses 113,000
- IMF to consider USD 1.4 billion loan to Pak
- 59 Indians among 233 new cases in Singapore
- OPEC, oil nations agree to nearly 10M barrel cut
- US records 1,514 deaths in the past 24 hours
- Kia Motors wants to suspend 3 South Korean factories as virus hits exports
- 442 new cases in Mexico, 23 new deaths
- China’s reports 108 new cases, death