A Vande Bharat train travelling from Bhopal to New Delhi caught fire in the early hours of Monday after a battery box in the superfast train went up in flames. No injuries have been reported from the incident.
Railways officials say passengers in the affected coach were immediately shifted to other coaches.
According to ANI news, Fire is limited to Battery Box only, and fire is extinguished. Electrically isolation is being done, and the train will start shortly. All passengers are safe.
The battery box is located in the undergear, relatively away from the passenger area. As the incident occurred, electrical safety systems isolated the batteries. The fire was extinguished, and defective batteries have taken off. The train is ready to move: Indian Railways.
Vande Bharat Express Train catches fire:
Madhya Pradesh | A fire was reported in battery box of one of the coaches in a Vande Bharat Express at Kurwai Kethora station. The fire brigade reached the site and extinguished the fire: Indian Railways— ANI MP/CG/Rajasthan (@ANI_MP_CG_RJ) July 17, 2023