A fire broke out in the annexe building of Parliament on Monday morning. The fire on the 6th floor of the Parliament building was caused by a short circuit.
After seven fire tenders rushed to the spot, the flame was doused down after some time. No injuries have been reported in the fire incident at the Parliament.
A fire broke out in the Annexe building of Parliament on Monday morning. The fire on the 6th floor of the Parliament building was caused by a short circuit.
The Delhi Fire Service official said the fire broke out on the sixth floor of the building.Atul Garg, Director, Delhi Fire Service said that he had received a call around 7.30 am and it is suspected that the fire started following a short circuit. The fire has been brought under control. The reason for the fire is still not known and further investigation is on.
Cause of the fire: The fire is believed to have sparked due to a short circuit, said Garg. It started in room number 6 and fortunately, the damage remained restricted to the same room.No casualties were reported immediately, but an investigation has been launched into the incident.To note, proceedings in the Parliament have been suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
ALSO READ: Facebook’s leniency to BJP members’ communal posts causes row