PM Narendra Modi calls for ‘mahashakti jagran’ for hope, candle vigil on 5th April. He asks people to light lamps, candles, torches at 9 pm this Sunday.
In his third address to the nation, which is linked to the coronavirus in India,Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called for a ‘mahashakti jagran’ awaiting hope. Modi praised the citizens of India for the restraint they were showing in times of this crisis and said that India has ‘set an example for the world’ now. However, he failed to update the people of India about the efforts to control the spread of the disease being taken by the government.
The highlights of his speech are as follows:
- We shall caution coronavirus on Sunday 5th April. PM Modi asks people to light lamps, 130 crore people in India, will do a ‘mahashakti jagran.’ This will take place on 5th April at 9 pm. We will use lamps for full 9 minutes, and make any effort to bring ‘light’ into our lives and fight against coronavirus. This 9 minutes people can use lamps, lights, mobile torches and more. People are not supposed to congregate for this. Please do this at home, in your balconies.
- We have to move from darkness to light
- We have to do it at home by ourselves and don’t think that you are not alone. The entire country is with you.
- Social Distancing norms should not be broken.
- Thanks in advance for showing discipline and staying at home
- India has set an example for others to follow
- We need to give hope to fight and prevent coronavirus even to the poorest of our country,
- Let’s be united in this effort against coronavirus