Vikas Dubey’s death:The death of dreaded gangster Vikas Dubey, who carried a reward of 5 lakhs on him was wanted in connection with the Kanpur ambush which killed eight policemen, has raised everyone’s eyebrows.
Vikas Dubey was killed in an encounter that broke out after a police vehicle carrying Vikas Dubey from Ujjain to Kanpur met with an accident and the gangster tried to escape. Vikas was shot at and he later succumbed to the bullet injuries. Vikas Dubey has officially been declared dead.
- Why was Vikas Dubey’s car switched? Hours before the encounter, a video at a toll plaza at 4 AM showed him in a different car, not the one that overturned.
- Why was the media, which had been following the police convoy, stopped 2 km from the site where the accident and encounter took place?
- Eyewitnesses say they heard gunshots but don’t mention any accident. They say they were asked by the police to leave.
- Why was a dangerous criminal charged in 60 cases including murder not handcuffed? The police say when the car overturned, Vikas Dubey managed to steal a gun, climb out and run.
- The car overturned at a point where there was no barrier and there was a side road into the fields, the one that Vikas Dubey took while running away, according to the police.
A petition filed last night at the Supreme Court, which had asked for protection of Vikas Dubey, has asked for a CBI investigation into recent encounter killings.
ALSO READ: Vikas Dubey’s family tree